Lumea Precision Plus SC2008 For treatment on body and face with 140,000 flashes high performance lamp
Light-based hair removal is one of the most effective methods to treat unwanted body hair with longer-lasting results. It is different from all other home hair removal methods because it significantly reduces hair regrowth. Philips has been investigating this method together with leading dermatologists for over 10 years. You can now use this innovative technology in the privacy of your own home, whenever you want.
This appliance has been specifically designed for women, but can be used by men as well.
Philips Lumea Precision Plus enables treatment of unwanted hair on the whole body, including the face (upper lip, chin and sideburns), using two separate attachments.
Philips Lumea Precision Plus is designed for use by one person only.
IPL hair removal
•Enjoy smooth skin every day The Philips Lumea IPL hair removal system works wonders to prevent the reappearance of hair on the face as well as the body. Gentle pulses of light, applied regularly, keep skin silky-smooth every day. Clinical studies have shown significant hair reduction in as few as four bi-weekly treatments, resulting in smooth, hair-free skin.
Hair removal with IPL technology
• Safe use in the comfort of your own home • Suitable for a wide variety of hair and skin types
Maximum freedom, minimum hassle
• Cordless convenience • No replacement parts, no hidden costs
Gentle and effective application for face and body
• Five adjustable light energy settings • Safe and effective even on sensitive areas • Precision attachment for safe facial treatment • Bigger body attachment for fast treatment • Slide and Flash mode for more convenient application
Suitable hair and skin types • Philips Lumea works effectively on (naturally) dark blonde, brown and black hairs. As with other light-based treatments, Philips Lumea is NOT effective on red, light-blonde or white/grey hair. Philips Lumea is also NOT suitable for very dark skin. suitable for 1-5 hair types.
• How Philips’ Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology works
Hair growth is different from person to person, depending on age, metabolism and other factors. However, everyone’s hair normally grows in 3 phases.
1. Growing phase (anagen phase)
The hair grows actively from the root. In this phase the concentration of melanin is highest. Melanin is responsible for the pigmentation of the hair. Melanin concentration is also the determining factor for the efficacy of this method. Only hairs in the growing phase are susceptible to treatment with light.
2. Degradation phase (catagen phase)
Hair growth stops and the root shrink before the hair sheds.
3. Resting phase (telogen phase)
The old hair separates from its hair follicle and sheds. The follicle remains at rest until the biological clock tells it to become active again and grow a new hair.
The appliance works by heating up the hair and root beneath the skin. The melanin in the hair and hair root absorbs the released light pulses. The darker the color of the hair, the more light can be absorbed. This process stimulates the hair to go into the resting phase.
The hair now sheds naturally and the hair growth is inhibited & stopped. Hairs can take one or two weeks to shed. Optimal hair removal cannot be obtained with a single session, since only hairs in the growing phase are susceptible to treatment with light. During a treatment, hairs on the treated area are usually in different stages of the hair growth cycle. To effectively treat all hairs you have to repeat the treatment every two weeks for a few times. An integrated optical filter ensures that no UV light reaches the skin and guarantees that the appliance is safe for the skin.
Five light energy settings
Philips Lumea has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment. Used correctly, Philips Lumea's IPL treatment is safe and gentle to use even on sensitive skin and sensitive body areas.
Extra safety for the face
The precision attachment is equipped with an extra integrated light filter and enables a safe and convenient application on the upper lip, chin and sideburns. It can also be used on other sensitive areas on the body, such as the underarms, the bikini area and hard-to-reach areas.
Use with confidence to remove hair from body and face: Legs Belly Bikini Underarms Chin Sideburns Upper lip
The body attachment can be used to treat unwanted body hair on all body areas below the neck. The body attachment can cover an area of 3cm and is ideal to treat large areas efficiently. Do not use the body attachment on the face.
The precision attachment includes an extra integrated light filter and can be used to treat unwanted facial hair on the upper lip, chin and sideburns. It may also be used on other sensitive areas on the body, such as underarms and bikini area or hard-to-reach areas. Never use around the eyes and near the eyebrows.
Bikini area attachment - SC2008 only
The bikini area attachment has a special filter for treating the bikini area. The attachment is optimized for effective hair reduction in the bikini area. It has been specifically designed to remove the coarser hairs in this area. You can also use the bikini area attachment on the underarms. Do not use the bikini area attachment on the face.
Preparing treatment areas
1. Shave the areas you intend to treat as long as you still experience hair regrowth.
2. Clean your skin and make sure it is hair-free, entirely dry and free from oily substances (e.g. present in cosmetic products like deodorants, lotions, perfumes, tanning creams and sunscreens).
3. Check the appliance, especially the light exit window and attachment, for trapped hair, dust and fibers. If you see any contamination, clean the appliance according to the instructions in chapter ‘Cleaning and maintenance’.
How to achieve optimal results
- To remove all hairs successfully and prevent the hair follicle from becoming active again, use Lumea Precision Plus every two weeks for the first 4 to 5 treatments (Additional treatment are not recommended).
- In between treatments, the hair sheds naturally and hair regrowth is inhibited. Your skin should be smooth by then, to ensure that your skin stays smooth, simply repeat treatment when needed. The time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth and also may vary from body area to body area. To maintain the best results, we recommend repeating the treatment every 4 to 8 weeks.
- For an effective treatment, shave the area to be treated before you use the appliance as long as you still experience regrowth, which is usually the case for the first few treatments.
Wait at least 24 hours or until all redness has disappeared before you expose treated areas to the sun. Cover treated areas when you go out into the sun or use a sunblock (SPF 30+) in the two weeks after treatment.
•Bikini: 4 min •Face: 1 min •Lower leg: 8 min
•Slide and Flash: For convenient application
•Step and Flash: For treatment on curvy areas
•Underarms: 1 min
Safety and adjustable settings
•Safety ring system: Prevent unintentional flashing
•5 light energy settings: Adjustable to your skin type
•Integrated UV filter: Protects skin from UV light
•Body attachment (4 cm2): For use below the neckline
•Facial attachment (2 cm2): For safe application on face
•Bikini area attachment (2cm2): Special treatment bikini hair
•Instructions for use: Full user manual, Quick Start Guide
•Charger: Multi voltage charger
•Power system: Rechargeable battery
•Voltage: 100-240 V
•Charging time: 100 minutes
•Running time: Minimum 370 flasheshttp://iskinproducts.com/philips-lumea-hair-removal-system-2944.html